The Curtis Group – Client Manager
The Curtis Group, a leading fundraising consulting firm serving the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond,
is seeking a Client Manager to join our growing team. The Client Manager position offers a rare
opportunity for an individual with a demonstrated interest in and passion for nonprofit development
to assist our clients in building fundraising capacity and increasing impact.
The position works directly with the firm’s principals and consultants to manage our clients’
campaigns, assessments and studies. The Client Manager ensures the implementation of client strategy
and activities – managing day-to-day communication with multiple clients across a diverse geographic
region. Successful candidates will be able to produce strategically thought-out written materials of the
highest quality, ranging from abbreviated case statements to robust campaign planning study findings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
▪ Developing trusted partnerships with clients and campaign volunteers
▪ Contributing to development of planning study and campaign strategy
▪ Coordinating timelines and materials for planning studies and campaigns
▪ Providing clients guidance on prospect research, gift management, and stewardship
▪ Producing materials for, and participating in, client committee meetings
▪ Participating in formal presentations to clients and their boards
▪ Maintaining timely follow-up after client meetings
▪ Assisting with client grant applications
▪ Providing guidance on client marketing materials
▪ Participating in training of campaign staff and volunteers
▪ Seeking and sharing industry trends and knowledge through presentations, webinars and
▪ Representing The Curtis Group at industry events
This full-time position requires a professional who has demonstrated success in a fast-paced, dynamic,
multi-faceted organization. The successful candidate will work well on a team as well as independently
within established guidelines, be an energetic, self-directed, flexible, organized, detail-oriented
individual with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks at one time and meet frequent
deadlines. This is a writing-intensive position and it is imperative that he/she possess superior written
communication skills and experience. The candidate must also have excellent verbal communication
and presentation skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office, and hold a minimum of a BS/BA degree.
The position requires 3-5 years of development experience.
After-hours meetings/events and travel are required. Competitive salary, commensurate with
experience. Benefits package.
E-mail cover letter, resume, three references, and salary requirements by Friday, December, 17, 2021
The Curtis Group