The Curtis Group, a leading national fundraising consulting firm, is seeking an experienced consultant to join our growing team in the DMV region. The consultant position is a critical role in our firm, helping to guide and coach our clients toward fundraising success.
The position works directly with the firm’s principals and associate consultants to oversee a client portfolio focused on major-gift program expansion, campaign management and capacity building. This position requires a self-motivated professional who has a true passion for philanthropy and client relationships and an ability to think critically. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the development and execution of capacity building, planning study and campaign strategy in a multi-client portfolio
- Ensuring all internal and client materials meet the highest standards and have been developed in a thoughtful and timely manner
- Conducting thoughtful, confidential one-on-one interviews with major philanthropists
- Developing individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for donor prospects
- Developing trusted partnerships with clients and campaign volunteers
- Providing guidance and oversight of other team members assigned to the client team
- Delivering formal presentations to clients, their boards and external audiences
- Maintaining timely follow-up after client meetings and events
- Providing the highest quality client deliverables
- Participating in training of campaign staff and volunteers
- Seeking and sharing industry trends and knowledge through presentations, webinars and written articles
As a leader on The Curtis Group team, this full-time position requires a professional who has demonstrated success in a fast-paced, dynamic, multi-faceted organization, preferably with major-gift and campaign management experience. The successful candidate will work well on a team as well as independently within established guidelines, be an energetic, self-directed, flexible, organized, detail-oriented individual with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks at one time and meet frequent deadlines. It is imperative that he/she possess superior verbal and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office, and hold a minimum of a BS/BA degree. The position requires 7+ years of development experience. After-hours meetings/events and travel are required.
This is a remote position, with periodic travel to client sites. Preference will be given to candidates in the DMV region. The Curtis Group offers a competitive salary with opportunity for bonus and advancement. A generous benefits package includes insurance, retirement, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
E-mail cover letter and resume by Friday, March 15, 2024 to:
Executive Vice President
The Curtis Group